- Implement a RODOD solution with service order management for Machine to Machine (M2M) SIM order fulfillment at a Mobile International Carrier.
- Use Technology Blueprint as a reference
- Minimize as much as possible impacts on boundary systems
- Effectively incorporate the experiences of current Client M2M service offerings
- Flexible and configurable solution
- Design and integration of the following system: Order Management System, Middleware, Portal, Inventory Management System, CRM , Service Management System
- Implementation of Level three processes, in the following categories: Onboarding, E2E Service Set-up, Customer handover, Order handling, SIM ordering, Billing
Benefits & Challenges
- The M2M Global solution is intended to address a set of business needs in order to support multiple actors to manage M2M capabilities through a centralized portal interacting with back-end platforms.
- Where requirements or processes are not present for business critical functionality a best practice design approach should be taken.
- Taking into account varying levels of maturity across OpCos and the different obstacles to definition and implementation this presents
- Factoring into the Fully Integrated Service Operational Model (FISOM) capabilities, the ability to handle the differences in priority associated with OpCo verticals, depending on customer demand, regulation, and market attractiveness
- Addressing the need for consistency across businesses/skills and countries, while maintaining flexibility to refine and adapt the model to local or business specifics if required
- Developing the solution in a way that is truly scalable (global), adaptable, and that incorporates all the core functionality required for effective M2M service operation
- To develop and deliver these capabilities in an efficient and timely manner based on the needs set by the M2M programme
- The inclusion of scope changes over the six weeks period resulted in some parts of the HLD comprising of design options and solution overviews
- Oracle Web Center 11g
- Oracle Siebel Business Applications Media Pack 188.8.131.52 Release
- Oracle OSM 7.0.2
- Oracle UIM 7.1.2
- Oracle Application Integration Architecture – to support the Order to Activate PiP 2.5 (Patch Set 2)
- Oracle Application Server (AS) 10.1.3.4 – platform for AIA2.5
- Oracle SOA Suite 10g 10.1.3.4
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) to support Non PiP Integration 11g (184.108.40.206)
- Oracle WebLogic Server – platform for 11gFMW 11g R1(10.3.5)
- Oracle SOA Suite 11g R1(220.127.116.11.0)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Repository Creation Utility 11g R1(18.104.22.168.0)
- Oracle Database 22.214.171.124
Optare Solutions participated in the project as part of the Oracle CGBU Consulting team working in the SOM solution design, implementation and testing
To address all the requirements, a programme, organized into several phases, has been planned to target the complete deployment of FISOM capabilities by 2013.